MANAGER OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Maternal and Child Health Consortium of Chester County, (MCHC), a leading advocacy and service agency for women, children and families in Chester County, Pennsylvania is seeking a part-time Manager of Human Resources (working approximately 22 hours per week) to support MCHC’s recruitment, employee relations, training and development, compliance, and compensation/benefits efforts. Reporting to the CEO, this role is based in MCHC’s Administrative Office in West Chester, PA. This “hands on” position will travel regularly to MCHC’s Healthy Start and Family Center locations.
Duties of this position will include:
- Partner with employees and managers to communicate and interpret HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations. As required, draft new HR policies in compliance with all labor laws and PANO guidelines.
- Administer compensation program including: drafting and maintaining job descriptions; conducting job analysis; collecting and analyzing labor market data; and making recommendations to management on compensation actions.
- Support managers in recruitment of exempt and nonexempt employees.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Conduct HR related new employee orientation and support on-boarding process.
- Ensure organization’s compliance with laws and regulations related to management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide performance management guidance to management including: coaching; counseling; career development; disciplinary actions. Support managers to ensure timely completion of performance appraisal process. Work in collaboration with Director of Finance to manage annual staff performance appraisals and ReviewSNAP system.
- In collaboration with Director of Finance, maintain employee personnel files and other personnel related records in compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve working relationships, build engagement, and increase productivity and retention.
- Help identify employee training and coaching needs.
- In collaboration with Director of Finance perform benefits administration to include: claims resolution; change reporting; and communicating benefit information to employees.
Qualification Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant Human Resources experience
- PHR certification strongly preferred and experience in the non-profit field and working with multi-cultural teams major plus
- Ability to successfully complete criminal and child abuse history background checks
- Experience with full cycle recruitment with track record of developing a pool of candidates in advance of need
- Background in employment law and other government compliance regulations is preferred
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, or regulation
- Excellent consulting/employee relations skills with proven ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal, client service and negotiation skills
- Track record of handling confidential data with complete discretion
- Proficiency with use of Windows and Microsoft Office
This position offers a competitive salary and pro-rated leave benefits. Candidates should email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maternal and Child Health Consortium of Chester County is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer