Bilingual Family Benefits Advocate
The Family Benefits Advocate supports Maternal and Child Health Consortium of Chester County’s (MCHC) Family Benefits Program, a county-wide effort to enroll uninsured pregnant women, parents and their children in Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and SNAP (Food Stamps) and other public benefits, as needed.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Implementing an annual outreach plan to raise community awareness about Medicaid, CHIP and SNAP as well as educating families about SNAP and health insurance benefits.
- Providing enrollment and recertification assistance at out-stationed sites throughout Chester County.
- Serving as liaison between clients and the County Assistance Office and providing follow up assistance, as needed, to ensure that applications include all required supporting documents and are processed in a timely manner.
- Maintaining and tracking relevant documentation to support the application process as well as supporting electronic submission of applications and maintenance of relevant databases.
- Keeping current regarding information on health care services and food programs in the county and making referrals, as needed.
Qualification Requirements Include:
- Must be fully bilingual in Spanish and English with excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Associates’ degree with minimum of one year of experience providing social services. Additional education and/or work experience may be substituted for these requirements.
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Must be able to effectively coordinate multiple activities simultaneously and maintain and track a vast amount of information and paperwork while meeting tight deadlines.
- Capacity to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast paced, high-performing team environment.
- Demonstrated capability to successfully interact and work collaboratively with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and organizations, and feel comfortable working in non-MCHC settings.
- Able to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends) and travel overnight.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to successfully complete criminal and child abuse background checks.
- Valid PA Drivers’ license, car insurance, daily access to a car and cell phone required
This position offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, disability and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with an employer match, and a generous leave program. MCHC provides AAA Membership as well as reimbursement for mileage and cell phone. To apply for this role, please email your resume, preferably in Microsoft Word format, stating “Family Benefits Advocate” in the subject line to: email@example.com.
Maternal and Child Health Consortium of Chester County is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer