Bilingual Administrative Assistant, Family Benefits Program
The Family Benefits Administrative Assistant supports Maternal and Child Health Consortium of Chester County’s (MCHC) Family Benefits Program, a county-wide effort to enroll uninsured pregnant women, parents and their children in Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and SNAP (Food Stamps) and other public benefits, as needed.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Enters selected data from Medicaid, CHIP, and SNAP applications into the Family Benefits database in accordance with program procedures ensuring accuracy of all data entered.
- Maintains photocopies of all paper applications and verifications and PDF files of all COMPASS applications and verifications.
- Copies, faxes or mails completed applications to the County Assistance Office.
- Updates the Family Benefits database with application outcome information obtained from the PromiseEVS system for Medicaid applications. Prepares list of children applying for CHIP and submits to the CHIP contractors for CHIP outcome information.
- Assists the Family Benefits Advocates with scheduling client appointments or returning calls to clients, as needed.
- Responds to requests for information from the Family Benefits Advocates when they are outstationed.
- Maintains an inventory of health insurance and SNAP application forms, program forms, and program outreach materials. Fills requests from Family Benefits Advocates for outreach event materials.
- Prepares bulk mailings and other program correspondence, as needed.
- Assists with program meetings and trainings including: preparation and development of meeting/training materials, sign-in sheets, attendance lists, name badges, evaluations, and certificates.
Qualification Requirements Include:
- Must be fully bilingual in Spanish and English with excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- High School diploma or GED required; some college a plus.
- Previous work experience, including 2 years experience as an Administrative Assistant in a fast paced, team oriented environment highly preferred.
- Proficiency with use of Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
- Strong data entry skills (alpha and numeric) with the ability to type a minimum of 50 WPM
- Familiarity with web searches
- Pleasant phone manner
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
This position offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, disability and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with an employer match, and a generous leave program. To apply for this role, please email your resume, preferably in Microsoft Word format, stating “Family Benefits Administrative Assistant” in the subject line to: email@example.com.
Maternal and Child Health Consortium of Chester County is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer