Director of Development
Maternal and Child Health Consortium of Chester County, (MCHC), a leading advocacy and service agency for women, children and families in Chester County, Pennsylvania is seeking a Director of Development. This position reports to the CEO of MCHC and as a member of senior staff this position is responsible for MCHC’s fund raising, grant writing, tracking initiatives and the development and implementation of marketing communication strategies and collateral.
The Director of Development develops and oversees MCHC’s annual fund raising program, in consultation with CEO and with the approval of the Board of Directors, including strategic direction, goal setting and action steps. Works with the CEO to develop and implement overall MCHC communications strategy, including goal setting and action steps.
Specific duties of the position include:
- Develop and oversee MCHC’s annual fund raising program, in consultation with Chief Executive Officer and with the approval of the Board of Directors, including strategic direction, goal setting and action steps.
- Identify new sources of corporate, foundation, government, and individual donors.
- Cultivate relationships with individual, private and public donors/funders.
- Develop grant proposals and ensure timely submission to funders.
- Develop program budgets and reports to funders, CEO and board members.
- Initiate and run planned giving program for MCHC, including development of materials, and solicitation of gifts in conjunction with CEO.
- Work with CEO and staff to ensure timely and accurate reports to funders.
- Manage all fund raising events, donor receptions, and other cultivation events as planned with assistance from MCHC staff and Board.
- Work with Director of Finance and Manager of Administration Operations to identify funds outstanding from donors and funders.
- Write all fund raising materials such as solicitation materials, thank you letters, newsletter and Annual Report, in conjunction with CEO and MCHC staff.
- Oversee management of donor database, including the development and production of fund raising reports as needed by the CEO, Board of Directors, Development Committee, and fund donors.
- Maintain current/historic database of communications and funding related to all donors.
- Work with CEO and Volunteer Coordinator to attract, recruit, involve and retain volunteers participating in the development activities of MCHC.
- Support major gift activities of CEO and Fund Development Committee
- Work with Director of Reporting and Evaluation and program leadership staff to stay abreast of and report on program outcomes and future needs.
- Act as co-chair of Board Fund Development Committee.
- Work with CEO to develop and implement overall MCHC communications strategy, including goal setting and action steps.
- Develop, design, and write all press materials, including taking photos, and conducting follow up with press outlets to ensure coverage of MCHC activities and events.
- Work with designers, printers, and writers as necessary to produce MCHC’s newsletters and Annual Report, and all other printed material used to market MCHC, and its fund raising program.
- Work with website designer to provide regular updates for website contents. Ensure the coordination of the website with all printed materials; responsible for the provision of all fund raising information for the website so that it is up to date, informative, and useful to potential and existing donors and volunteers to MCHC.
- Provide other development and communication activities as needed.
Qualifications for position include:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain high level of professionalism in representing MCHC
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite & fund raising database management
- Past experience with government funding a plus
- Experience working independently & collaboratively
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to track deadlines and balance competing priorities
- Ability to maintain high level of efficiency, accuracy and productivity
- Ability to successfully complete criminal, child abuse history and credit background checks
This opportunity offers a competitive salary and benefits plan. Candidates should email their resume and cover letter (stating salary requirements) to: email@example.com.
Maternal and Child Health Consortium of Chester County is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer