Develop and implement targeted outreach efforts and internal program initiatives to support MCHC’s strategic goal of increasing and retaining African American women enrolled in the Healthy Start Program; meeting measurable goals that reflect an increase of African American women in the Program. Identify and provide leadership training for program participants of the Consortium. Develop and implement health/wellness outreach programming to address the identified needs of African American community and program participants.
- Lead the development of an Outreach Plan for the African American community, with input from the African American Outreach Committee and the Healthy Start Program Director. Implement the Plan within the timelines established.
- Meet with African American business and church leaders and health and human service providers in Chester County to increase their awareness of MCHC programs and engage them in participating or referring prospective participants.
- Develop, with the support of the CEO, Senior Director of Healthy Start and Family Benefits, and African American Outreach Committee, communication and outreach materials targeted to the needs of African American participant population.
- Collaborate for the African American Outreach Committee with the recruitment of new members to participate in the meetings and serve as ambassadors for the Healthy Start program.
- Provide leadership to the African American Outreach Committee; including expanding community leader and program participant members, preparing reports to the Committee on progress and challenges in the outreach and enrollments efforts, and soliciting recommendations from the Committee.
- Collaborate with partner organizations to address the issue of infant mortality in the African American community. Identify and/or develop health/wellness outreach programming to be integrated with those programs currently offered by the Healthy Start Program. Solicit community resources for such programming and assume responsibility for publicizing/marketing all outreach efforts.
- Serve as a resource to Healthy Start Managers to strengthen culturally effective outreach efforts to the African American communities at each Site.
- Participate as chair for the African American Committee meetings.
- Attends team events and organizational-wide staff meetings.
- Participates in organizational-wide training programs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Work at all Healthy Start sites, as required.
Qualification Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Education, Social Work or related field.
- Previous experience implementing community based outreach and education initiatives, and/or experiences in the Maternal and Child Health field, particularly in African American communities, a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; including ability to speak effectively in public.
- Excellent group leadership and facilitation skills.
- Track record of being self motivated, with ability to work independently to achieve assigned objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse communities.
- Highly developed organizational skills with history of successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- No criminal or child abuse history as determined by a criminal background check and child abuse screening.
- Willingness to accept supervision and make personal performance improvements as appropriate.
- Ability to work some evening and/or weekend hours and travel throughout Chester County in order to visit Healthy Start sites and conduct community outreach.
- Must have and maintain: a valid driver’s License; automobile insurance with liability coverage and daily access to an automobile and a cell phone.
This position offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, disability and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with an employer match, and a generous leave program.
Download a PDF of the Community Outreach Coordinator, Healthy Start Program job description.
To apply for this role, please send your resume, preferably in Microsoft Word format, to email@example.com.
Maternal and Child Health Consortium of Chester County is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer