Community Benefits Outreach Specialist
This position is responsible for performing community outreach activities throughout the Delaware Valley area (Montgomery, Philadelphia, Chester, and Delaware counties) and cultivating MCHC’s relationships with partnering and potential partnering agencies of its federally funded CHIPRA project.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with agencies and organizations interested in partnering with MCHC.
- Attend community meetings and events as a representative of the CHIPRA project.
- Prepare and distribute health education materials and information on Medicaid and CHIP, including reports, bulletins, and visual aids such as films, videotapes, photographs, and posters.
- Identify relevant media outlets and develop effective messaging strategies.
- Present (both oral and written) presentations which include information on the CHIPRA project, Medicaid and CHIP, and relevant health statistics.
- Develop relationships with partnering agencies in the Delaware Valley Area.
- Coordinate partnering agency support activities such as trainings, workshops, conference calls, and one-on-one meetings
- Design educational materials as deemed necessary.
- Assist in implementing a comprehensive strategy to meet the goals and objectives of the CHIPRA Project; Assist in assessing progress and developing and implementing new strategies as necessary.
- Document all activities and record information, such as the numbers of applications completed, presentations conducted, and events attended.
- Protects the confidentiality of all information regarding current and past program participants, as well as organizational operations
- Participates in organizational-wide training programs.
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualification Requirements Include:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; including ability to speak effectively in public.
- Excellent group leadership and facilitation skills.
- Track record of being self-motivated, with ability to work independently to achieve assigned objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse communities.
- Highly developed organizational skills with history of successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- No criminal or child abuse history as determined by a criminal background check and child abuse screening.
- Willingness to accept supervision and make personal performance improvements as appropriate.
- Ability to work some evening and/or weekend hours and travel throughout the Delaware Valley area in order to visit partnering agencies and attend community outreach events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Education, Social Work or related field.
- Previous experience implementing community-based outreach and education initiatives, and/or experience in the health insurance industry, a plus.
This position offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, disability and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with an employer match, and a generous leave program.
To apply for this role, please send your resume, preferably in Microsoft Word format, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maternal and Child Health Consortium of Chester County is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer